Residential Real Estate Transactions
New York City Real Estate Transactions
Residential Real Estate Lawyer
The New York City real estate transaction practice of Gary J. Wachtel, Esq. has experienced unsurpassed success, with an exceptional closing rate on all signed Purchase and Sale Agreements.
Mr. Wachtel provides legal advice and general counsel for all aspects of New York City real estate transactions, including cooperative apartments, condominiums, single-family homes, apartment buildings, mixed-use buildings, and undeveloped land.
His clientele spans the New York City area, including Manhattan, Brooklyn, Queens, Bronx, Staten Island, and Suffolk and Nassau counties. The law office of Gary J. Wachtel, Esq. also provides representation involving real estate litigation.
Real Estate Transaction Services
Mr. Wachtel’s personalized attention and his cordial, professional demeanor permits him to close his New York City real estate transactions at such a high rate. He attends to the details of every legal matter and his thorough knowledge of New York real estate law enables him to anticipate obstacles and thus avoid conflict.
Attorney Gary J. Wachtel adeptly provides the following essential services to clients:
- Drafting of purchase and sale agreements
- Reviewing real estate contracts
- Reviewing of offering plans
- Reviewing the records at the Division of Housing and Community Renewal as to whether apartments are rent controlled, rent stabilized, or free market, and whether there are any overcharge actions pending.
- Reviewing whether there are any violations pending at the Department of Housing, Preservation and Development and how old any violations may be
- Reviewing whether there are any unpaid real estate taxes or unpaid HPD liens against the building
- Reviewing whether the building is properly registered with the Department of Housing, Preservation and Development, and with the Division of Housing and Community Renewal,
- Acquisition of residential property in New York
- Mortgages and real estate financing
- Title examinations (title and lien searches)
- Real estate closings
Mr. Wachtel’s real estate transaction practice also extends to:
Condominiums and Cooperatives
He represents purchasers and sellers of condominium and cooperative apartments, as well as condominium associations and cooperative boards, assisting either party in negotiating the terms of a sale, closing a transaction or clarifying and enforcing a parties’ rights.
Joint Ownership and Shared Ownership
Attorney Gary J. Wachtel creates joint ownership with rights of survivorship or shared ownership agreements which seek to address and avoid potential disputes, and litigates partition actions for liquidation or transfer of jointly held properties.
Residential Leases and Subleases
Mr. Wachtel represents landlords in drafting and negotiating the lease terms, and likewise represents tenants in negotiating lease terms to balance the playing field, making the lease fair for both parties.
Construction and Improvements
The firm also aids clients in securing approval for additions, renovations and other property amendments for rental, condominium or cooperative properties, as well as permitting for construction projects for homes and businesses.
Contact the law offices of Gary J. Wachtel, Esq. today to arrange for your initial appointment. Let the experience of a respected New York City residential real estate lawyer be your advantage: 212-371-6500.
From his office in midtown Manhattan, the law firm of Gary J. Wachtel, Esq. represents residential real estate clients across the entire New York City area, including the boroughs Manhattan, Brooklyn, Bronx, Queens, and Staten Island and throughout Nassau and Suffolk Counties. Contact his law offices now, or call him today to arrange for your initial appointment, and let his experience be your advantage – 212-371-6500.